21 September, 2005

Tory leadership election

If you fancy a flutter on the upcoming Tory leadership election these are the latest odds from William Hill.

D Davis
8/13
K Clarke
2/1
D Cameron
6/1
L Fox
14/1
M Rifkind
20/1

It is very possible that any of the top three could win. Those three have their good and bad points. What would be perfect is a mix of all three.

As I've not been taking as much notice of politics and news for a while I think now might be a good time to read up on what's happening. I may even find out what David Cameron stands for before the votes are cast. I personally think the odds on Clarke winning aren't very generous. Shop around! (as they say) I'm sure I glimpsed some bookmaker elsewhere yesterday that was offering 4/1 on him winning, or maybe i just imagined it.

Paddy Power has it as an even closer contest

David Davis
4 - 7
Ken Clarke
2 - 1
David Cameron
4 - 1
Liam Fox
12 - 1
William Hague
16 - 1

No comments: